What Personal Information About Customers Does Bitmor.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Bitmor experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on Bitmor.com or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features, products or services. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Bitmor.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in any of your accounts with Bitmor, if you have more than one; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; or use any of aspect of Bitmor.com. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses bitmor.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of bitmor.com on other web sites.
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features that we believe will provide to you a better experience using bitmor.com and any of Bitmor Products or Services, including, storage of items in your shopping cart, available on Bitmor.com, between visits.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps available through bitmor.com, we or our Affiliated Businesses may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from bitmor.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Does Bitmor.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with our subsidiaries, bitmor.com controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses that, in some cases, offer their products through a link that can be accessed by you through our website. In other cases, we may provide services, or sell products, including equipment and software, jointly with these businesses. When a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to selected groups of Bitmor.com customers on behalf of other businesses. If or when we do this, we will not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please advise us, in writing.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that bitmor.com or Bitmor, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Bitmor and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Service Terms and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Bitmor.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
Bitmor, Inc. participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks.